Thursday, August 11, 2011

Silence of Mouth and Mind 4: First Dream

I awoke in darkness on a lake island to the smell of lavender.  The phase of the moon and position of the stars alerted me to the fact that it was somewhere after 6pm, possibly much later.  My first sensations were of lapping windless waves and cuddling warmth.  From an unseeable shore came Fous de la Mer's Stars and Fishes.  Sand tickled my temple.  In the near darkness two oblong shapes poking into those wavelets resolved into a pair of kayaks.  I could hear now the variations in the sound patterns caused by their hulls.  Somehow, despite the darkness, I new one to be green, one to be blue.  I relaxed and closed my eyes to concentrate on that warmth.  The warmth my arms held sighed in the way of deep sleep.  Through my arms and chest I could feel her bursting majesty.  As I let my awareness seep into her I sensed the lake bend upwards and over, enfolding us.  The universe became our skin.  I knew without knowing that I was finally experiencing oneness.  With her in my arms all was right because she was all I needed.

I awoke in a sunlit room, somewhat startled.  I had a suspicion I'd just visited my soul.  I was struck by the impact made by just a few hours in this place.  What could possibly lay ahead?

No comments:

Post a Comment